LEARNING INSTITUTE FOR ELDERS AT UCF, INC.
LIFE@UCF is a private, nonprofit organization for older adults in partnership with the University of Central Florida. Formed in 1991, the organization offers its members intellectual and cultural experiences in a stimulating environment, i.e academic classes taught by professors and/or experts in their field as well as opportunities for group tours and organized attendance at theater/musical events. We are seeking a part-time leader to coordinate existing program activities and to cultivate the growth and development of additional programming opportunities. It is expected this individual will work closely with well-established committees, particularly Membership and Curriculum. The individual should have a strong interest in lifelong learning. Previous experience in a leadership position working with seniors and nonprofits would be helpful.
This newly-created position will offer a 20-hour work week. Salary will be commensurate with experience. This individual will report to the LIFE@UCF President, who serves at the pleasure of the LIFE Board of Directors. Proposed start date: June 1.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works closely with the LIFE President, LIFE Board of Directors, Committee Chairs, and UCF Liaison, along with various other UCF constituents, to maintain effective oversight of the organization
- Establishes priorities to achieve appropriate outcomes: administrative oversight, coordination of committee assignments, marketing/public relations, enhancement of extracurricular activities
- Provides leadership in coordinating and facilitating the multiple activities of the organization
- Fosters good communication and working relationships with LIFE volunteers and members-at-large
- Maintains Master Calendar of organization’s curriculum and other activities
- Works with Membership Committee to insure successful implementation of its various duties, i.e. waiting list, registration, membership dues, orientation, etc.
- Plans and executes special events, such as awards recognition ceremony
- Works closely with technical support in efforts to expand the scope and reach of programming, e. livestreaming, Facebook, etc.
- Develops marketing strategies to improve outreach, both internally and externally
- Manages staff, including student assistants and maintains professional office operation
- Tracks trends in lifelong learning and the interests of older adults
- Other duties, as required
- High school diploma, or equivalent
- Computer proficiency, i.e. MS Office or similar office management programs
- Demonstrated communication and leadership skills (professional/volunteer)
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment
- Experience in education-related area; knowledge of lifelong learning concepts/programs
- Familiarity with academic environment
- Creativity and innovation
- Organized; time management skills
- Ability to work with older adults
As an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, LIFE encourages all qualified applicants to apply, including women, veterans, individuals with disabilities and members of traditionally underrepresented populations. The University of Central Florida is a smoke-free campus.
APRIL 30 is the deadline for applications, with an anticipated start date of June 30.
To apply complete the below application with an attached brief resume.
The application window has been closed for this position.